- Free, Neighborhood/Area, Sightseeing. 2 hours to Half Day.
- Parks and Gardens. 2 hours to Half Day. TIME TO SPEND. These world-renowned gardens have impressed Victoria visitors since 1904.
- Free, Sightseeing. 1 to 2 hours. TIME TO SPEND. The British Columbia Parliament Buildings are hard to miss.
- Museums. 2 hours to Half Day. TIME TO SPEND. The Royal British Columbia Museum offers visitors a comprehensive introduction to the region's history and culture.
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Victoria, Canada on Tripadvisor: See 240,568 traveler reviews and photos of Victoria tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in December. We have reviews of the best places to see in Victoria. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Free Things to Do in Victoria Island They say the best things in life are free. Discover the following around Victoria Island: Kuramo Beach - Take a nice walk by the water and maybe even dip a toe in.
Escape your everyday with scenic Inner Harbour strolls, centuries-old historical sites, superb local coastal cuisine, and a thriving arts and cultural scene. Victoria is the ideal year-round playground for outdoor adventure enthusiasts, and a warm, welcoming and multicultural city.
Taste the Island » Spend Winter in Victoria, B.C. Located in a sub-Mediterranean zone, Victoria enjoys the mildest climate in Canada. Combined with the best of land and sea, discover our perfect island playground to spend the winter months exploring.
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Victoria, British Columbia on Tripadvisor: See 240,568 traveller reviews and photos of Victoria tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in December. We have reviews of the best places to see in Victoria. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
People also ask
What are some tourist attractions in Victoria Canada?
What are fun things to do in Vancouver Canada?
What to do in Victoria BC in one day?
What to do in Victoria, BC at night?
- Royal BC Museum. Museum. Add travel ideas to a Plan and see them on a map. Got it! For a thorough grounding in BC’s prehistoric past, the Royal BC Museum is a great place to start.
- Victoria Inner Harbour. Natural Feature. © John Keates / Alamy Stock Photo. One of the most scenic areas of Victoria’s downtown is its spectacular Inner Harbour.
- Beacon Hill Park. Park. © Michael Wheatley / Alamy Stock Photo. Named after the two beacons on New York State’s Mount Beacon, Beacon Hill Park was established in 1862.
- Goldstream Provincial Park. Park. Located approximately 17km (10mi) from downtown Victoria, Goldstream Provincial Park is a great example of Vancouver Island’s spectacular natural ecosystems.
- Ride a Bike. Victoria’s extensive network of bike paths and trails along with the highest percentage of bicycle commuters (over 5%) in the country have earned the city the unofficial title of “Canada’s Cycling Capital.”
- Tour the Harbour. Victoria Harbour and the Inner Harbour are considered one of the most beautiful in the world. And the best way to see the harbour is to go out on it.
- Watch Whales. The Pacific Ocean surrounding Vancouver Island is home to masses of marine life including orca whales (killer whales), sea lions, and seals.
- Kayak the Coast. For an active on-the-water experience, join Kelp Reef Adventures for a guided kayak tour. From the floating location in Fisherman’s Wharf, a short walk from downtown, you can kayak through Victoria’s waterways and out into the Strait of Juan de Fuca if conditions allow.
- Hayley Simpson
- Butchart Gardens. Botanical Garden, Park. © Alf Damp / Alamy Stock Photo. Over one million people visit the world-famous Butchart Gardens annually.
- Royal BC Museum. Museum. The Royal BC Museum, established in Victoria in 1886, is home to British Columbia’s natural and human history museum and the British Columbia Provincial Archives (since 2003).
- Fairmont Empress. Spa Hotel. View Rooms. Many of Canada’s Fairmont properties are considered to be Canadian castles, and the luxurious Fairmont Empress in Victoria is one of them.
- Miniature World. Amusement Park. © Sergey Tolmachev / Alamy Stock Photo. Miniature World, which calls itself the Greatest Little Show on Earth, is an interactive museum in Victoria’s downtown.