- related to: where are the best dog friendly beaches in maryland and delaware
Compare 1000s of Pet Friendly Hotel Deals In a Single Search - Exclusive Unpublished Rates. Compare Pet Friendly Hotel Discounts. Direct Search - Direct Price
What beaches are dogs allowed?
- Dogs are allowed all year round on the following beaches: Wildersmouth, Ilfracombe. Tunnels, Ilfracombe. Other Ilfracombe (The Cove, Raparee, Larkstone, Cheyne) Watermouth. Hele Bay. Lee Bay. Crow Point.
- Fenwick Island State Park. Fenwick Island, DE. Fenwick Island State Park Fenwick Island State Park has a nice, uncrowded beach for most of the year. For rules and regulations, please call (302) 227-2800.
- Cape Henlopen State Park. Lewes, DE. Cape Henlopen State Park Cape Henlopen State Park has many year-round hiking and biking opportunities, and allows leashed dogs on the beach in the summer season.
- Delaware Seashore State Park. Rehoboth Beach, DE. Delaware Seashore State Park Experience a day of fun in the sun at Delaware Seashore State Park where your pup is welcome to join you on the sand and in the surf during select times of the year.
- Dewey Beach. Dewey Beach, DE. Dewey Beach In Dewey Beach, Delaware, dogs are allowed on the beach before 9:30 am and after 5:30 pm during the summer (mid-May through mid-September).
- Assateague National Seashore. Berlin, MD. Assateague National Seashore Dogs are allowed on the beach along the Maryland portion of Assateague National Seashore, but are not permitted on the nature trails or anywhere within the Virginia portion of Assateague Island.
- Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach. Pasadena, MD. Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach Located off the perimeter trail in Downs Memorial Park, the Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach is a fantastic place for new dogs to learn to swim or veteran canine swimmers to enjoy some time in the water.
- Matapeake Park Dog Beach. Stevensville, MD. Matapeake Park Dog Beach Matapeake has a public beach with a clubhouse, and a nearby trail that winds around to the dog beach section.
- Terrapin Nature Park. Stevensville, MD. Terrapin Nature Park This hidden gem of a park has unlikely access through an industrial/business area. The entrance is gained off Log Canoe Circle.
- Bethany Beach. Located in Southern Delaware, Bethany Beach is a pet-friendly beach known for its relaxed atmosphere. While the beach is peaceful and isn’t often crowded, that doesn’t mean that there’s nothing going on—from free performances during the summer to its fun Boardwalk, Bethany Beach is a great option for everyone.
- Fenwick Island State Park. Located south of Bethany Beach is Fenwick Island—another great beach option for dog lovers. Open year-round, Fenwick Island is also a great choice for families with kids—check out the Shipwreck Museum and book some surfing lessons (one of Fenwick Island’s most popular activities!).
- Lewes. Located near the middle of Delaware’s coastline, historic Lewes offers families with dogs the combination of a pet-friendly beach with plenty of shopping and dining options.
- Delaware Seashore State Park. Located in the south of Delaware, Delaware Seashore State Park is another great vacation option for people with dogs. While dogs aren’t allowed on swimming and sunbathing beaches from May 1 to September 30, they are allowed (if leashed) on non-guarded beaches.
People also ask
What beaches are dogs allowed?
Is there a pet friendly beach?
What are the public beaches in Maryland?
Top Pet Friendly Beaches in Delaware. Cape Henlopen State Park. Lewes, Delaware. Pet are prohibited from all swimming and sunbathing beaches from May 1 to September 30. Park rules and regulations also restrict pets from areas such as surfboarding and sailboarding beaches and shorebird nesting areas.
- Assateague National Seashore. 7206 National Seashore Ln, Berlin, MD, US, 18032 Price: $20 per person for 7 days Information from BringFido: Dogs are allowed on the beach along the Maryland portion of Assateague National Seashore, but are not permitted on the nature trails or anywhere within the Virginia portion of Assateague Island.
- Quiet Waters Park. 600 Quiet Waters Park Rd, Annapolis, MD 21403 Price: $6 per vehicle per day Information: Dogs are allowed on the Quiet Waters Dog Beach for most months of the year.
- Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach. 8311 John Downs Loop, Pasadena, MD 21122 Price: $6 per vehicle per day Information from BringFido: Located off the perimeter trail in Downs Memorial Park, the Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach is a fantastic place for new dogs to learn to swim or veteran canine swimmers to enjoy some time in the water.
- Matapeake Park Dog Beach. 1112 Romancoke Road, Stevensville MD, 21666 Price: Free admission, but must pay for parking Information from BringFido: Matapeake has a public beach with a clubhouse, and a nearby trail that winds around to the dog beach section.
Dog friendly beaches are a pooches’ happy place! From frolicking in the surf, digging in the sand, and soaking up the sun - what’s not to love? Maryland has dog friendly beaches that your pooch will really dig! We’ve sniffed out the best MD dog friendly beaches that you and your four-legged beach buddy can enjoy together.