People also ask
What is the best dog beach in Maryland?
Is Maryland pet-friendly?
Is there a dog beach in Anne Arundel County?
Is Downs Memorial Beach dog friendly?
And since sandy paws equal happy dogs, we’ve sniffed out the best beaches in Maryland where dogs can run, swim, and frolic in the sand. Use the links/map below to find a dog-friendly beach in Maryland. Assateague National Seashore Berlin, MD Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach Pasadena, MD Matapeake Park Dog Beach Stevensville, MD Ocean City Beach
Dec 3, 2022 · For the early birds, take your morning dog walk at the beach for sunrise. The shore looks east, giving you a view of the day’s first light. Address: 9500 HG Trueman Rd, Lusby, MD 20657 North East Beach (Elk Neck State Park) Broad leaves on the coastal trees shade the tan sand at Elk Neck State Park for the perfect sunny afternoon.
- Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach. Address: 8311 John Downs Loop, Pasadena, MD, US, 21122. Hours: Holiday on Tuesdays, 7 AM to Dusk. Parking: $6. Rules: Allow off-leash dogs on the beach and with leash in the park.
- Assateague National Seashore. Address: 7206 National Seashore Ln, Berlin, MD, US, 18032. Hours: 24 hours a day. Parking: $3. Rules: Dogs must be on a six-foot leash.
- Matapeake Park Dog Beach. Address: 1112 Romancoke Road, Stevensville MD, 21666. Hours: Time may differ on Monday,7 am- 7 pm. Parking: Free, pay for parking.
- Elk Neck State Park. Address: 4395 Turkey Point Rd, North East, MD 21901. Hours: After sunset visitors need to vacate the place, 9 am- sunset. Parking: $3.
- North Point State Park, Edgemere MD. North Point State Park, the site of a lengthy but enormously famous amusement park in the early 1900s, has preserved a few relics of its former glory, including an old pier, a trolley station, and a stunning center fountain.
- Matapeake clubhouse and public beach, Stevensville, MD. Don’t let the name fool you, Matapeake Clubhouse and Public Beach is simply another name for Matapeake State Park, not a private country club.
- Assateague Island National Seashore, Berlin, MD. Assateague Island (near Maryland’s southernmost tip) has the state’s most incredible view of the Atlantic Ocean, as well as lush marshland and a herd of wild horses roaming the grounds.
- Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach. Located off the perimeter walk at downs memorial park, downs memorial park dog beach is a terrific place for puppies to learn to swim as well as experienced canine swimmers to cool down and relax in the water.
- Assateague National Seashore. 7206 National Seashore Ln, Berlin, MD, US, 18032 Price: $20 per person for 7 days Information from BringFido: Dogs are allowed on the beach along the Maryland portion of Assateague National Seashore, but are not permitted on the nature trails or anywhere within the Virginia portion of Assateague Island.
- Quiet Waters Park. 600 Quiet Waters Park Rd, Annapolis, MD 21403 Price: $6 per vehicle per day Information: Dogs are allowed on the Quiet Waters Dog Beach for most months of the year.
- Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach. 8311 John Downs Loop, Pasadena, MD 21122 Price: $6 per vehicle per day Information from BringFido: Located off the perimeter trail in Downs Memorial Park, the Downs Memorial Park Dog Beach is a fantastic place for new dogs to learn to swim or veteran canine swimmers to enjoy some time in the water.
- Matapeake Park Dog Beach. 1112 Romancoke Road, Stevensville MD, 21666 Price: Free admission, but must pay for parking Information from BringFido: Matapeake has a public beach with a clubhouse, and a nearby trail that winds around to the dog beach section.