25 Best Things to Do in Frankfurt (Germany)
- Museumsufer. Grouped together on both sides of the River Main is a cluster of 12 museums in an area known as the Museumsufer (Museum Embankment).
- Städel Museum. One of Germany’s top cultural attractions, the Städel Museum has recently been named German Museum of the Year following an extension for contemporary art in 2012.
- Main Tower. ...
People also ask
What are the best museums in Frankfurt?
What to do in Frankfurt Germany?
Is Frankfurt worth visiting?
What is Frankfurt famous for?
Top Places to Visit in Frankfurt, Germany: See Tripadvisor's 54,489 traveller reviews and photos of Frankfurt attractions.
The best things to do in Frankfurt? Explore these best attractions, sightseeing spots, fun activities, and other handpicked places to visit in Frankfurt on this weekend. Know that most of the things to do are free or cheap.
- Ekta Maheshwari
- Romerberg. It is true that names like Frankfurt and Romerberg go hand in hand. The heart of the city square has a cluster of irregularly shaped buildings that give off a beautiful vibe.
- Museumsufer. Museumsufer is another prime location of the city, which is situated on the south bank of the River Main. The district hosts a corridor of some of the best museums that have an international legacy.
- Main Tower. While Frankfurt has many high rise buildings gazing upon the streets, but only the Main tower allows the public to get a full panoramic view of the city.
- Goethe House. Frankfurt is the birthplace of the renowned writer Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, who lived until 1765. The house has been restored after World War II, bombarding and everything has been intricately assembled.
Jul 20, 2020 · Frankfurt is a metropolis of European finance, it is home to the most important stock exchange in Germany, the European Central Bank of many multinational companies. Best places to visit in Frankfurt are that it has the second airport in Europe and a prestigious university.
- Best Places to Stay in Frankfurt
- These Are The Best Places to Visit in Frankfurt!
- Quick Note – Staying Safe in Frankfurt
- Final Thoughts
One of the best things about staying in Frankfurt is the sheer range of choice that you’ll get. Frankfurt has some great hostels, and the selection of sleek and beautifully designed hotels is seemingly endless. So, all that choice means it can be tricky picking your accommodation. But don’t worry! Below, I’ve compiled a short list of three of the top places to stay, and hopefully one of them will be suitable for your budget and travel style!
#3 – Palmengarten
1. Largest botanical garden in Frankfurt 2. See a range of flowers and plants from around the world 3. Escape from the hustle and bustle 4. Extensive events calendar with lots happening throughout the year Why it’s awesome:Being in a big city like Frankfurt is great, but after a couple of days you might start to get cabin fever and feel the need for some nature and fresh air. Well, Palmengarten gives you that without having to even leave the city limits! The 22 hectare botanical garden is the...
#4 – Main Tower
1. Frankfurt’s 3rdtallest skyscraper 2. Enjoy the views from the observation deck 3. Go before midday to avoid the crowds! Why it’s awesome: The Main (pronounced mine) Tower is Frankfurt’s 3rdtallest skyscraper and offers fantastic views of the city and its skyline. You can ascend the 200m 56 storey tower in just a few seconds before enjoying a walk around the top. If you want to get some great pictures without having to fight through a crowd, visit between 10am and 12pm when the tower is at...
Germany is, in general, a very safe country. Frankfurt has a higher crime rate than other cities in the country, but this is only is certain areas. Stay away from the Hauptbahnhof, Konstablerwache, and Hauptwache district, which are the most common areas where tourists are taken advantage of. Do keep in mind that Germany is, in general, a very safe country and anything bad happening is a rare occurrence. Throughout Frankfurt, violent crime is extremely rare and if anything were to happen, it’s more likely to be petty theft. So, always be aware of your surroundings and your valuables. Replying to that WhatsApp message can wait until you’re back in your hotel! Solo and female travellers should take extra care but should also feel safe and secure in Frankfurt. Like most of Germany, Frankfurt is a progressive and cool city where the vast majority of travellers have a great and stress-free time. Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel i...
So, that completes our list of the best things to do in Frankfurt. We hope this has been a useful and helpful overview of some of the top things that you can fill your time with while visiting Germany’s banking and finance capital – and also that you can clearly see there’s more to the city than just that! If you’re interested in art, history, and architecture there’s plenty for you to explore, notably the city’s skyscrapers and stunning museum quarter. Even a shopping centre has won architecture awards here! A walk along the Main River or a visit to the botanical gardens should keep nature lovers happy too! Most importantly, we hope you have the opportunity to immerse yourself into the local culture of Frankfurt. If you’re passionate about travel, eager to learn about the city’s history and culture, and brave enough to try the unusual delicacies at Kleinmarkthalle, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have an incredible break in Frankfurt! Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this...
- 5 answers
There's a place in Frankfurt called "Sachsenhausen". It's like a small town within Frankfurt. No one can drive there, cobble stone streets, and lined with bars left and right. It's the place to party. I lived in Frankurt 20 years ago....
- 3 answers
Obviously any answers you receive will be subjective. Every traveler has different expectations and brings home different experiences. I personally love visiting two regions of Germany, the Rheinland and Bavaria. In the former, I use...
- 4 answers
Chris I spent almost 15 years in Germany (stationed while in AF). I fell in love with the country, both the sites and the people. In addition to seeing all the "traditional" places, i.e., Heidelburg, (which annualy reenacts the burning...
- 5 answers
Apr 12, 2007 · Frankfurt is a vibrant and international financial and industry fair city with imposing skyline in Germany and is one of the places that you'll require to see, a minumum of one time and that place hotelbye can help you. Frankfurt is a city in one's heart of Germany and Europe and is really a town that may present many facets and different variety.
TouristLink members rank Messel Pit, Naturmuseum Senckenberg and Maintower as the top places to visit in Frankfurt. Find information on places to visit in Frankfurt as well as 31 places to visit in Hesse, 827 places to visit in Germany, 24938 places to vi
What are the best places to visit in Frankfurt. FindVisas. Download . Share Add to Flag Embed ...
A walk through the edgy streets of Berlin or the chambers of Mad King Ludwig IIs final masterpiece of Neuschwanstein Castle, confirms what weve all suspected all along: Germanys the perfect European country to visit. Well, almost.
While nearly everyone falls easily in love with the graceful palaces, horizon-penetrating mountains and lively beer gardens, far fewer appreciate the weather in Germany. A flawless paradise of sunny skies and blissful summery weather Germany is not. Cool temperatures, rain and snow are all possibilities if you dont plan your trip to Germany prudently.
Like all popular European destinations, Germany sees visitors throughout the whole yearrain, snow or shine. And all of these are a possibility depending on when you visit Germany.
The temperatures in Germany outside of summer are also a problem for travellers from warmer climes. If youre not used to cold temperatures, travelling outside of the late spring to early autumn will chill you to the bone. (Canadians, dont worry: Youll actually get respite from the cold if you visit Germany in winter!)
In low season and in the shoulder seasons, expect a better selection of hotels in Germany. Outside of the summer high season is also the best time to find flight deals to Germany. Savings hundreds per person isnt unheard of!
Best Time to Visit: Events take place throughout the year in Frankfurt, so you might have a hard time choosing what time of year to visit. The weather is best in spring and fall. The very best time to visit Frankfurt may be in October, the month of the Frankfurt Book Fair. Language: German, but English is widely spoken. Currency: Euro. Getting ...