Alison Louise Balsom, Lady Mendes, OBE (born 7 October 1978) is an English trumpet soloist, arranger, producer, and music educator. Balsom was awarded Artist of the Year at the 2013 Gramophone Awards and has won three Classic BRIT Awards and three German Echo Awards, and was soloist at the BBC Last Night of the Proms in 2009.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Balsom
Alison Balsom is a passionate advocate of the importance of music education. She studied trumpet at the Paris Conservatoire, and with Håkan Hardenberger. She also studied, and is now an honorary fellow at, the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Balsom holds honorary doctorates from Leicester University and Anglia Ruskin Univeristy.
- Introducing the Baroque Trumpet with Alison Balsom | Classic FMyoutube.com
- Allegro, from Concerto in D for Trumpet and Organ by J S Bachyoutube.com
- Alison Balsom, 'Haydn Trumpet Concerto in Eb, 1st mov.' (Allegro)youtube.com
- Alison Balsom records Telemann: Trumpet Concerto: I. Adagioyoutube.com
Alison Louise Balsom, Lady Mendes, OBE (born 7 October 1978) is an English trumpet soloist, arranger, producer, and music educator. Balsom was awarded Artist of the Year at the 2013 Gramophone Awards and has won three Classic BRIT Awards and three German Echo Awards, and was soloist at the BBC Last Night of the Proms in 2009.
1 VIDEO | 2 IMAGES + Add or change photo on IMDbPro » Alison Balsom was born on October 7, 1978 in Royston, Hertfordshire, England as Alison Louise Balsom. She has been married to Sam Mendes since January 26, 2017.
Among the most exciting classical musicians of our time, Alison Balsom was first inspired by Dizzy Gillespie to become a virtuosic trumpet soloist. 'I've spent my whole life trying to show how...
- Born in Hertfordshire. Alison Louise Balsom was born in Hertfordshire on October 7th 1978, and spent her early life in the town of Royston. Her father, Bill, was a builder, while her mother worked to place children with foster families.
- Early interest. She showed very early promise with the trumpet, taking lessons at school and playing in the Royston Town Band. Alison still returns to perform Christmas carols with the band every year.
- Alison Balsom at Guildhall. Things really started to pick up when she was accepted to study at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. She later went on to study at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and at the Conservatoire de Paris with trumpeter Håkan Hardenberger.
- Alison Balsom's debut recordings. Balsom's recording career began in earnest in 2002 when she released Music For Trumpet and Organ on EMI Classics. It featured works by Bach, Sweelinck, Purcell and Messiaen, marking Balsom out as an adventurous programmer.
Alison Balsom has performed with some of the greatest conductors and orchestras of our time including Pierre Boulez, Lorin Maazel, Sir Roger Norrington, l’Orchestre de Paris, San Francisco and Toronto Symphony Orchestras, Philadelphia Orchestra, New York and London Philharmonic orchestras, and has appeared as soloist at the Last Night of the BBC Proms.
Jul 02, 2019 · Allison Balson is an American singer, actress, and songwriter who is well recognized for her role of Nancy Oleson on the ‘Little House on the Prairie’ series from 1981 to 1983. Allison Balson: Age, Parents, Siblings, Nationality, Ethnicity She was born on November 19, 1969, in Los Angeles, California, USA. Allison is currently 49 years old.
Aug 20, 2010 · In this recording, Balsom, the 2009 Classical BRIT Artist of the Year, plays popular concertos originally composed for the violin or oboe by Vivaldi, Tartini, B. Marcello, Albinoni and Cimarosa,...
- 6 min
- Warner Classics
Oct 15, 2012 · Our new desktop experience was built to be your music destination. Listen to official albums & more.
- 4 min
- Rudolf Weitz
Sep 13, 2009 · Alison Balsom (trumpet) performs Libertango composed by Astor Piazzolla (192192), arr. Julian Milone (born 1958) during Last Night of the Proms '09, inside the Royal Albert Hall. BBC SO's David...
- 5 min