The London Borough of Hackney (/ ˈhækni / (listen) HAK-nee) is a London borough in Inner London. The historical and administrative heart of Hackney is Mare Street, which lies 5 miles (8 km) north-east of Charing Cross. The borough is named after Hackney, its principal district.
Hackney is a district in East London, England.The area forms around two thirds of the area of the modern London Borough of Hackney, to which it gives its name.It is 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of Charing Cross, and includes part of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Hackney, inner borough of London, England, in the historic county of Middlesex. Hackney lies north of the City of London and Tower Hamlets, and its eastern boundary is the River Lea. The present borough was created in 1965 by the amalgamation of the former metropolitan boroughs of Shoreditch, Hackney, and Stoke Newington.
May 21, 2019 · A former industrial hub, East London’s Hackney has undergone huge regeneration in recent years to become the city’s most liveable borough. Home to young creative types, it’s an area with strong community ties and is known for its great food and unmatched nightlife.
- Grace Beard
- Shoreditch. “Shoreditch” is a byword for gentrification and its many consequences, good and not so good. Twenty years ago what was a working class area on the periphery of London’s financial district suddenly became appealing to creative companies for its cheap space in old factories and warehouses.
- Victoria Park. London’s oldest public park is in Tower Hamlets but bordered to the north by Hackney. In almost 90 acres, Victoria Park opened in 1845 and has been awarded a Green Flag every year since 2010.
- Dalston. Once gritty and down-at-heel, Dalston is cool and actually rather posh these days. But the area has defied the usual cycles of gentrification by holding onto its boisterous nightlife.
- Broadway Market. Bending down from London Fields to the Regent’s Canal, Broadway Market is a shopping street on the course of a Medieval droving route taken by herders into the City of London.
People also ask
What is Hackney England?
Is hackney part of london?
Where is hackney london?
Is shoreditch part of london?
Dec 21, 2020 · St John at Hackney is the Anglican parish church of Hackney in east London. Its current form was designed in 1797 by architect James Spiller. As part of the project, the church's 18th-century...
- Lizzie Crook
Hackney The London Borough of Hackney is a London borough in Inner London. The historical and administrative heart of Hackney is Mare Street, which lies 5 miles north-east of Charing Cross.
Description UK Pianos Hackney offer both group and individual lessons in a safe and friendly environment in Stoke Newington, N16 7PL. Our tutors aim to provide fun lessons whilst giving students a solid foundation in music. Book A Free Trial Lesson
- 16 Stoke Newington High Street, London, N16 7PL, Greater London England
Feel-Good results for Hackney, London, England