1 day ago · The Thirty Years' War was a religious and geopolitical war which was primarily fought in Central Europe between 1618 and 1648. It resulted in the death of over 8 million people, including the death of 20% of the German population, making it one of the most destructive conflicts in human history.
- 23 May 1618 – 15 May 1648, (29 years, 11 months, 3 weeks, and 1 day)
- Peace of Westphalia, Protestant princes allowed to continue religious practices, Decline of the Catholic Church in northern Europe, Protestantism damaged or eradicated in much of the Habsburg domains, Habsburg pre-eminence in Europe curtailed and beginning of French hegemony, Recognition of the independence of the Dutch Republic by the Spanish Empire, Recognition of Spanish sovereignty of Southern Netherlands and Luxembourg by the Dutch Republic, Rise of Sweden as a great power, Decline of feudalism in continental Europe, Further decentralization of the Holy Roman Empire, Franco-Spanish War continues until 1659, Devastation and population loss in Europe
1 day ago · The Peaceful Revolution (German: Friedliche Revolution) was the process of sociopolitical change that led to the opening of East Germany's borders with the west, the end of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) in the German Democratic Republic (East Germany) and the transition to a parliamentary democracy, which enabled the reunification of Germany in October 1990.
- Historical Museum Frankfurtyoutube.com
- 12 Ernst Straub: Über einen spektakulären Fund an der Alten Operyoutube.com
- Information Architecture for a Multi-Layered Walk Through Historyvimeo.com
- Flug durch die neue historische Altstadt in Frankfurt am Mainyoutube.com