- Alaska. Alaska ordered its residents to stay at home unless absolutely necessary, starting March 28. Limited outdoor activities are allowed as long as social distancing of 6 feet is maintained.
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey has ordered residents to stay at home unless they have to be out for essential business. The order went into effect at 5 p.m. on March 31.
- California. On March 19, Gov. Gavin Newsom became the first governor to set mandatory stay-at-home restrictions to help combat the coronavirus. Since the order went into effect, all nonessential services such as dine-in restaurants, bars, gyms and convention centers have been shut down.
- Colorado. Gov. Jared Polis declared a stay-at-home order, beginning March 26 and extending through at least April 11. Coloradans must stay at home unless they need to leave for necessary business, according to Polis.
A stay-at-home order, safer-at-home order, movement control order (more common in Southeast Asia), or lockdown restrictions (in the United Kingdom) – also referred to by loose use of the terms (self-) quarantine, (self-) isolation, or lockdown – is an order from a government authority that restricts movements of a population as a mass quarantine strategy for suppressing or mitigating an ...
Apr 03, 2020 · What is a stay-at-home order? California and New York, two hotspots for the coronavirus outbreak, were two of the first states to implement stay-at-home orders, which limit the circumstances under ...
- Nancy Schimelpfening
- What does a stay-at-home order mean? According to Brian Labus, PhD, MPH, an assistant professor in the School of Public Health at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, a stay-at-home order means you should remain at home and away from other people unless it’s absolutely necessary to go out.
- What is the purpose of a stay-at-home order? According to Aline M. Holmes, DNP, RN, clinical associate professor and director, Clinical Systems Project, Rutgers University School of Nursing, the purpose of a stay-at-home order is to limit how many people are exposed to the virus.
- What kind of things can I do when there is a stay-at-home order? Labus said you can still do essential activities like getting medical care and shopping for food, medicine, and supplies.
- What kind of things can I not do when there is a stay-at-home order? Labus said the main thing you shouldn’t be doing is gathering with other people when there isn’t an essential need to do so.
New COVID-19 Ontario stay-at-home order: Four weeks at home, and third state of emergency for the province
The Ontario government has announced the third state of emergency, and issued a four-week stay-at-home order across ...
Yahoo News Canada
3 days ago
Apr 07, 2021 · The province of Ontario, including Canada's most populous city, Toronto, will be under a stay-at-home order for at least four weeks beginning Thursday as a third wave of the pandemic threatens to ...
- Paula Newton, CNN
buildings or homes for services or celebrations until the stay at home order is lifted. ENFORCEMENT PERIOD Enforcement of the statewide STAY AT HOME Orders began at 8:00 PM on Monday, April 1, 2020, and will continue through April 30, 2020. Law enforcement officers should refer to Business Closure Order Enforcement Guidance available online here.
A Stay at Home order is the Governor directing people to avoid going out in public unless it is absolutely necessary. Why is this Stay at Home order necessary? Right now, COVID-19 is spreading rapidly throughout our state and some of our communities and, without taking additional measures, Louisiana’s health care system will have more sick ...