- related to: best time to visit japan in autumn weather
Special Online Rates and Discounts. Lowest-Price Guarantee, Book & Save
Autumn in Japan is about crimson leaves and perfect weather. As summer transitions to autumn, Japan begins to cool down, offering temperate weather that's perfect for outdoor walks. From mid-November to early December, the trees turn vivid hues of red, orange, and yellow. It's this combination of cool weather and striking sights that make fall ...
Jun 26, 2019 · Autumn Travel Tips . Fall is an ideal season to visit Japan. The weather is ideal for being out and about, and the summertime crowds have diminished considerably. The fall foliage is a spectacular attraction.
Sep 25, 2019 · Choosing the best time of year to visit Japan can be downright overwhelming. Each of Japan’s 4 distinct seasons has its draws, but they also each have drawbacks (some more than others!). We’re going to break down exactly what to expect during winter, spring, summer, and fall so you can choose the best time to visit Japan based on your travel style and interests.
People also ask
When is the best time to go to Japan?
Is Tokyo expensive to visit?
When to go to Japan?
What Japanese name means autumn?
- Teodora Ilic
- Leaf Viewing. The autumn leaves viewing, known as koyo in Japan, usually begins in mid-September and lasts until the end of November. As the weather starts changing gradually from the north toward the south, so do the leaves.
- Autumn Festivals. Throughout the months of September, October and November, there are various harvest festivals held across Japan in order to celebrate the harvest season, but also the arrival of autumn.
- Hokkaido Food Festival. If you’re a passionate foodie, then the Hokkaido Food Festival (also known as the Hokkai Shokudo) is something you must visit.
- Hiking and Cycling. Japan offers some spectacular vistas you can fully enjoy from up close. Due to the pleasant weather in October, it is the perfect time of the year for some outdoor activity.
Weather patterns and temperatures vary across the country but generally, the best time to visit Japan is spring (March & April) or autumn (October & November), when days are sunny and dry. During the summer months (May to September), the cities are hot and humid, with heavy rainfall occurring across the country in June & July, except for Hokkaido.
- Kyoto. Blessed with centuries-old temples, colorful shrines, bustling markets, and fine food, Kyoto is a must when visiting Japan in fall. While there are many beautiful places to see autumn leaves in Kyoto, a visit here would simply not be complete without stopping by Kyoto’s most iconic landmarks.
- Arashiyama. A day trip to Arashiyama should be high on your list of things to do when visiting Japan in autumn. Besides visiting the iconic Bamboo Grove, there’s plenty to keep you busy in Arashiyama, which is why it’s not surprising that this little gem is often touted as one of the best day trips from Kyoto.
- Nara. Nara is one of the best places to see autumn colors in Japan. Located less than an hour away from Kyoto, Nara is an easy day trip from anywhere in the Kansai region.
- Nikko. Recommended by Wendy from The Nomadic Vegan. Nikko is a fantastic destination for autumn foliage because the foliage season lasts much longer here than elsewhere in Japan.