- 1. of the color of milk or fresh snow, due to the reflection of most wavelengths of visible light; the opposite of black: "a sheet of white paper"
- 2. belonging to or denoting a human group having light-colored skin (chiefly used of peoples of European extraction): "white suburban kids"
- 1. white color or pigment: "garnet-red flowers flecked with white"
- 2. the visible pale part of the eyeball around the iris.
- 1. paint or turn (something) white: archaic "your passion hath whited your face"
The Caucasian race (also Caucasoid or Europid, Europoid) is an obsolete racial classification of human beings based on a now-disproven theory of biological race. The Caucasian race was historically regarded as a biological taxon which, depending on which of the historical race classifications was being used, usually included ancient and modern populations from all or parts of Europe, Western ...
Oct 01, 2012 · Discourse of Racial Comparisons: Meeting the Normative White Standard  Entrenched within the deep frame is the construction of whites and blacks as abject hierarchical polarities, with whites afforded positive imagery and blacks negative. Moreover, embedded within the deep frame is the normalization of whiteness, or the white norm.
Feb 25, 2014 · 1) A man who stands up for a womens right to be an absolute equal, but then steps up like a white knight to rescue her any time that equality becomes a burden. 2) A man who Promotes gender equality but practices special privilege for women.
Sep 06, 2022 · The White House is on day five of attempting to walk back or define what Biden means when he attacks “MAGA Republicans.” — Katie Pavlich (@KatiePavlich) September 6, 2022 This.
Sep 09, 2022 · After months of gloom, the Biden administration is becoming more eager to define — and talk about — Bidenomics. Why it matters: The White House isn't introducing major new policy proposals. Rather, it's talking about the Biden economic record as something to embrace, suggesting a shifting tone ...
Define definition, to state or set forth the meaning of (a word, phrase, etc.): They disagreed on how to define “liberal.” See more.
Apr 15, 2004 · white anglo-saxon protestant. this usually refers to affluent people in the new england area, but also whites of "old money" in other areas throughout the country.